Installation Access Control
Manages access control program for the installation processing visitors and issuing passes as needed. Detains, detects and deny personnel for access. Establishes installation access control procedures verifying identify of personnel entering the installation IASW with Army Policies, Regulations and Directives. Processes commercial vehicles for access to the installation. Conducts weapons registration for the installation.
Access Control Point (ACP) Hours:
- Visitor Control Center: Open 7 days a week 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM. Next to Chaffee ACP.
- All personnel without a valid DOD Identification cards (CAC, Retire and Dependent) and have not previously accessed Fort Knox will be required to stop at the Visitor Control Center,
show proper identification
vetted for access
prior to entry. Far left Lane(s) will be used for vetting personnel when the Visitor Control Center is closed. Personnel that have previously accessed Fort Knox will continue directly to the gate for access.
All Non US Citizens will be required to be escorted by DoD ID Card holder and sponsored in writing at the Visitor Control Center.
- Chaffee ACP: 24 hours daily 7 days a week.
- Located on 31 North/South on Bullion Blvd exit.
- Wilson ACP: Open 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Monday through Friday, closed on Federal Holidays.
- Located on Wilson Rd. Adjacent to Knox BLVD. Wilson ACP is dedicated for DOD Identification cards (CAC, Retire and Dependent). Personnel with passengers with a drivers’ License will be directed to Chaffee APC for processing.
- Brandenburg ACP: Open 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM Monday through Friday, closed on Federal Holidays/Training Holidays.
- Located on Highway 31 North/South adjacent to Brandenburg Station Rd, near Muldraugh, Kentucky. Brandenburg ACP is dedicated for DOD Identification cards (CAC, Retire and Dependent) and Commercial Deliveries. Personnel with passengers with a driver’s License will be directed to Chaffee APC for processing.
Commercial and Military Vehicles
All Commercial and Ammunition/ Explosives vehicles will use Brandenburg ACP from 6:00 AM - 1:00 PM. After 6:00, PM Chaffee APC will the primary entrance for all Commercial and Delivery vehicles. The passage of convoys of 50 vehicles or more, Ammunition/Explosives Cargo and oversized vehicles may be coordinated in advance through the Physical Security Section, Directorate of Emergency Services at (502)624-8471/1713/4788. If access is required after operating hours, call the Military Police at (502)624-2111/2112.
Personnel that do not have a government form of identification will be vetted against the below criteria and granted or denied access to the installation and/or BARRED. Access Denial Waiver Letter of Instructions will be issued at Visitor Control Center for all personnel that meet the below criteria. Appeals may be submitted to the Visitor Control Center.
The NCIC-III contains criminal information about the individual that causes the senior commander to determine that the individual presents a potential threat to the good order, discipline, or health and safety on the installation.
The installation is unable to verity the individual’s claimed identity based on the reasonable belief that the individual has submitted fraudulent information concerning his or her identity in the attempt to gain access.
The individual has a current arrest warrant in NCIC, regardless of the offense or violation.
The individual is currently barred from entry or access to a Federal installation or facility.
The individual has been convicted of crimes encompassing sexual assault, armed robbery, rape, child molestation, production or possession of child pornography, trafficking in humans, drug possession with intent to sell or drug distribution.
The individual has a U.S. conviction of espionage, sabotage, treason, terrorism or murder.
The individual is a registered sex offender.
The individual has been convicted of a felony within the past 10 years, regardless of the offense or violation.
The individual has been convicted of a felony firearms or explosives violation.
The individual has engaged in acts or activities designed to overthrow the U.S. Government by force.
The individual is identified in the Terrorist Screening Database (TSDB) as known to be or suspected of being a terrorist or belonging to an organization with known links to terrorism or support of terrorist activity. When this capability becomes available to DoD, security personnel performing installation access control will strictly follow the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s published engagement protocols.
Denied Access Personnel
If you have been denied access and/or BARRED you may contact the Access Control Office (502)624-6118/6818 and verify your current installation access status. You may be required to validate your criminal history by providing a notarized copy of your criminal history.
Physical Security Chief
ICIDS/IDS Program Manager
Chief, Security Guard
Access Control Office
Weapons Registration Office