We are the Computer Aided Design Drafting (CADD) and the Geospatial Information System (GIS) section of DPW. We maintain approximately 70,000 sets of floor plans, and we provide and maintain the GIS data for Fort Knox.
- Location: Bldg 1110, Basement Room 14
Telephone: (502) 624-2924
Walk-ins are welcome
Contract Development & Administration
DPW provides organizational laundry and dry cleaning services for units and organizations for the Post Installation.
- Organizational bulk laundry is any Government owned item such as sheets, pillowcases, pillows, mattress covers, blankets, field equipment, sleeping bags, tablecloths, chemical suits, coveralls, rags etc. items that can be laundered.
- Organizational dry cleaning includes Unit's and Organization's Government owned items, such as flags, streamers, guidons, unit colors, dress gloves, scarves, altar linens, etc.
- Laundry Pickup and Delivery Service is provided to the 1st Armor Training Brigades, NCO Academy, Reception Battalions and RCSS, Billeting Branches, and the Central Issue Facility. All other Units and Organizations may turn-in at Building 70, Quartermaster Street.
- Dry Cleaning Pickup and Delivery Service is available by appointment only.
- All Units and Organizations are required to submit a DA 1687 signature card to open a laundry or dry cleaning account.
- Laundry and dry cleaning items are processed at Government expense, except those units identified as reimbursable customers. For reimbursable customers, costs vary from laundry or dry cleaning. Contact the POC listed below for further information.
- Contact Information
- Location: Turn-in at Bldg 70, Quartermaster Street
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 12:00PM | 12:30 - 4:30 PM (Closed Federal Holidays)
COR, Laundry & Dry Cleaning: (502) 624-7549
Dry Cleaning Appointments: (502) 624-7549
Laundry Turn-in Point: (502) 624-5611
Truck Route: (502) 624-5611
Aircraft Maintenance is performed by contract. The DPW Contracting Officers Representative (COR) can be contacted at (502) 624-2055.
Washers and Dryers
For the repair of washers and dryers, the Customer must call Work Order Section (502) 624-1171 and provide them the following information: Customer ID, building number, serial number of the machine, the location of the machine, name and two (2) phone numbers where they can be reached.
The Contractor shall complete repairs within eight (8) working hours after receipt of service order. The contractor shall list any service orders not completed on the day received , the reason the repairs were not made, the estimated date repairs will be completed and shall submit to the Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE) by 8:00 AM the following workday. In no case shall machines remain not repaired for more than ten (10) days for lack of repair parts. Historical data reveals approximately nine percent (9%) of service orders cannot be completed on the first call (attributed to power outages, inability to access buildings, and similar problems). Contractor shall coordinate with the unit's point of contact listed on the service order to gain access to locked buildings/laundry rooms. The contractor shall have the occupant sign service order after repairs are complete. The contractor shall attach a service tag or label to each machine serviced. The contractor shall initial and date the service tag or label each time a service is rendered.
When the contractor receives a service order for a machine that appears beyond economical repair (labor and new repair parts exceed approximately 75 percent of replacement cost if the machine is two or less years old or 60 percent of replacement cost if over two years old), the contractor shall notify the QAE before proceeding with the repair. The QAE will determine if the machine is salvageable. If the machine is salvageable the QAE will notify the POC on the service order for instructions on turn in to FMO for replacement.
To check the status of a work order or for a customer complaint, contact the QAE @ (502) 624-5074 or (270) 352-8608.
Portable toilets can be ordered by customers directly, using IMPAC cards. POC for placing orders is the Directorate of Contraction at (502) 624-8054.
Reporting Electrical Outages
If all power to the building is out, call Nolin RECC Dispatch at 1-877-368-6631. If partial power to the building is out, call work reception at (502) 624-1171.
Custodial Service in most buildings on post consist of 1 cleaning per week. Additional service can be obtained on a reimbursable basis. Should have any custodial questions, or customer compliant contact the QAE at (502) 624-5074 or (270) 352-8608.
Refuse/Trash is collected from family housing and post facilities by a contractor and disposed of in the Outer Loop landfill in Louisville. Construction/Demolition debris and yard waste is accepted at the Fort Knox landfill on Baker Road. Questions can be addressed by the contractor at (502) 942-9511 or the government inspection branch at (502) 624-7675.
Mowing of family housing areas and most other areas on post is accomplished by Contract. Questions and issues should be addressed to the DPW Construction Branch at (502) 624-7675.
Housing Self Help Tasks
The following tasks are considered self-help in nature for family housing residents and should not be called in as service orders. Materials to accomplish these tasks can be obtained from the self-help store, Bldg T-72. Store hours are Monday - Wednesday & Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM and Thursday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. An ID and self help card are required. The store phone number is (502) 624-8433 or (502) 624-3885.
- Clean exhaust fans and accessories
- Defrost and clean refrigerator inside and out to include coils in back
- Disconnect electrical appliances when circuit breakers trip off, make preliminary checks to determine nature of problem
- Replace burned out fuses
- Replace light globes, shades and bulbs
- Clean range inside, outside and under
- Replace or clean air filters, every 30-45 days
- Press reset button of the garbage disposal when it fails to operate after checking to insure nothing is lodged in unit causing it to lock up
- Unstop drains, using “plumber’s friend” only; replace faucet washers
- Tighten door hinges, install screen braces, closers, springs, hinge pins, and door pulls. Doors will be brought to stockade screenshop for rescreening and other repairs.
- Oil, folding and sliding door tracks, roller, hinges, and locks on hinge type doors
- Clean and wash wood and tile floors using proper type of cleaning materials
- Clean, reinstall and perform minor repair to window screens. For other repairs bring to stockade
- Remove and take Venetian blinds that require repairs to warehouse T-20
- Complete care of lawn and adjacent ground area (to include mowing, trimming, policing, watering, raking and erosion control)
- Clean and repair drainage ditches; replace clotheslines; tighten and replace hardware items (I.e. bolts, nuts, screws, door-knobs, window lifts, window blocks)
- Construct storage structures, repairing of wood fences (requires DPW approval; replace broken glass, replace deteriorating glazing compound or putty
- Reset nails
- Install personal TV antennas, fences and air conditioners after DPW approval
- Replace toilet seat
Troop Self Help Tasks
Other than Family Housing, includes at a minimum the task listed below but can be expanded to accomplish a wide variety of maintenance and minor construction. Request for materials for troop self-help should be made on a material requisition form and submitted to the work reception office in Bldg 1110. Maintenance projects with scopes beyond that listed below may require a DA Form 4283 (Engineer Work Request). For more information call (502) 624-7879.
- Replace cover plates of switches and receptacles
- Replace light bulbs and fluorescent tubes
- Replace pull cords on pull switches
- Replace faucet washers
- Replace sink stoppers
- Replace toilet seats
- Clean vent pipes and heater units
- Repair fence
- Replace post
- Replace window and door glass
- Hang window and door screens
- Replace or tighten in screws in hinges
- Replace doorknobs and latches (non-key type only)
- Replace ceiling strips.
- Renail siding and skirting
- Replace toilet tissue holder or rollers
- Tighten faucet and valve handles
- Repair or replace floor tile
- Maintenance of lawns, trees, shrubs, and vines
- Remove soil banked against wood skirting
- Preventive measure to prevent soil erosion
Service Orders for Real Property Maintenance can be called in to the DPW Work Reception Office at (502) 624-1171, at any time. However, only emergency service orders will be accomplished after 10:00 PM. Requests are classified as priority E/1/2/3. See Service Order (SO) Priority Classifications .
To check the status of a Service Order, please visit the Fort Knox Intranet and click on DPW Service Orders from the menu.
Before any family housing occupant can install a fence, a DA Form 4283 (Engineer Work Request) must be submitted through the DPW work reception office for approval. This is required to ensure that fence post are not driven through any gas, water, or electric lines.
All requests for signs must be submitted on individual job orders (DA Form 4283s) to the DPW work reception office. Exceptions to the Fort Knox Sign Policy will be routed to the Garrison Commanders office for approval by the DPW.