The Fort Knox Field Office is a subordinate operating element of the Mississippi Valley Region of the U.S. Army Trial Defense Service (USATDS), U.S. Army Legal Services Agency (USALSA), Fort Belvoir, VA, a field operating agency of The Judge Advocate General (TJAG). All USATDS counsel are assigned to USALSA with duty at Fort Knox, Kentucky. Counsel have an independent rating chain through USATDS. The mission of the Fort Knox Field Office is to provide specified defense counsel services for Army personnel assigned to Fort Knox and those Soldiers within the geographical area of responsibility of this field office.
USATDS counsel provide counseling/representation in the following situations:
- General Court-Martial Representation
- Summary Court-Martial counseling
- Special Court-Martial Representation
- Article 32, UCMJ, representation
- Pretrial confinee magistrate hearings
- Formal Article 15, UCMJ, counseling
- Administrative separation counseling
- Representation at administrative elimination boards
- Representation at reduction boards under Ch 10, AR 600-8-19
- Counseling Soldiers suspects on military jurisdiction crime matters
- Representation of inmates at disciplinary and adjustment boards
- Representation of inmates at sentence vacation hearings
Counseling is provided by appointment only. Click here to request an appointment or use the contact information listed on the right.
Trial Defense Service Information Papers